There are many choices for healing Pink Eye Home Remedies that tackle the contagious bacterial form.
Remember that Bacterial Pink Eye is an infection that can be spread and has the following symptoms:
If the Pink Eye is not caused by bacteria, then click here to see relief providing options for allergic and viral induced conjunctivitis.
To bring healing to the eye(s) that have a bacterial form of Pink Eye, use a natural antibacterial eye wash.
Making an herbal eyewash/infusion:
• Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus)
• Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis)
• make an infusion with either herb and strain (directions below)
• while warm but not hot place in eyebath and bathe eyes
• do not use more than 2x a day
To make infusion:
• boil 2 1/2 cups water
• put 20 g of dried herb or 30 grams of fresh herb in a teapot or saucepan
• add 2 cups or 500 ml of just boiled water to herb
• let sit for 10-15 minutes
• using strainer or cheesecloth pour infusion through to remove herb pieces
• can store in refrigerator for 24 hours
Alternative to making infusion - could also use eyebright tea bags. Just let steep for a few minutes in hot water, then wait until comfortable temperature before placing on eyes or can use cooled steeped tea as an eyewash. Another herbal tea you can do this with: chamomile.
More Pink Eye Home Remedies:
* Honey has antibacterial and anti-microbial properties and can be placed directly in the affected eye with a dropper. Only need a few drops in each eye.
* Add a small handful of fresh corn flower blossoms to a one cup of boiling water. Allow to steep 30 minutes strain and use as an eyewash.
Boost your internal health as well:
*Herbal antibiotics are also helpful taken internally to boost the immune system:
• use echinacea and administer 1/2 to 1 teaspoon every hour decreasing the dosage as symptoms subside
A quick mini-lesson about Ayurvedic medicine.
Ayurvedic medicine is a system that originated in northern India over 5,000 years ago and the word Ayurveda, a Sanskrit term, means "the science of life" or "life knowledge."
Turmeric Home Remedy:
Coriander Eye Wash:
Important note: These remedies have proven very effective but if there is no improvement for bacterial Pink Eye with yellow or yellow-green discharge within 4-5 days, you may want to seek professional help as the infection needs to be cleared up another way to protect eyesight.